Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: (Not Responding)  (Read 2787 times)

Bobby Parker

(Not Responding)
« on: May 21, 2015, 09:05:46 PM »
I am using 3DS MAX 2015 and V-Ray 3. When I use Forest Pro and I cancel or finish a render, MAX sits at (Not Responding), so I have to kill the program. I have enough RAM and the scene isn't complex (yet).

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: (Not Responding)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 10:14:39 AM »
Hi,

Up to now we don't have any similar issue reported. Would you please specify more in detail used Forest Pack / V-Ray (V-Ray 3.00.xx) versions? Thanks in advance.

I would suggest you to double check you have the latest Autodesk 3ds Max 2015 Service Pack 3 applied. Also, please feel free to send us your scene through WeTransfer to support@itoosoft.com to analyse it here. Thanks in advance.

Once again, thanks for reporting that issue and for your collaboration, your feedback is very important to us. Have a great day.

Kind regards,

Bobby Parker

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 03:06:18 AM »
Thanks, I'll look into the SP; it's still happening.

Bobby Parker

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 04:22:48 AM »
Just checked and I am running 3DS MAX Design 2015 SP3

Bobby Parker

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 04:24:13 AM »
Forest Pro 4.3.7 and V-Ray 3.20.01

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 10:28:33 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for all additional info. Actually, new V-Ray 3.2 isn't supported in the Forest Pack Lite/Pro 4.3.7.

As you can double check on our Forest Pack Pro 4.3.8 beta announcement, we've added experimental support for V-Ray 3.2 beta (and we've already identified & fixed some issues with recently released V-Ray 3.20.01 build).

Anyway, as mentioned on this "Installing in Max 2016" thread on our forum: "The final packages should be available soon (when ChaosGroup releases V-Ray 3.2), although they will be practically identical to the betas." V-Ray 3.2 is now released and we can publish our plug-ins compiled with this build these days. Usually, we prefer to wait around a week to release our build, until all is tested properly. Thanks for your comprehension.

Best regards,

MH4288

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 02:17:55 PM »
I have similar problem. When I have Forest applied in some complex scene, after rendering max doesnt crash, but not responding for a minute or so and after that its ok. I think its caused by Forest and VFB (VFB is really slow, when this happen). Its happening only in some scenes in max 2014 and 2015 with newest forest pack. Now Iam going to install beta version in max 2016, so will see in there.

Bobby Parker

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 11:11:14 PM »
I have found that waiting for the LC to complete before canceling it, all is good. Also, I had the same issue prior to the new V-Ray release.

alexrecentspaces

• Recent Spaces
    • recentspaces.com
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 11:55:18 AM »
Vlado mentioned that this looks to be a vray issue, or at least he is looking into it.

Letting the LC finish is the only current work-around it seems.

I'm sure there will be a fix soon.
Alex York
Recent Spaces