Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Pack - render on a node using a preset. Problem  (Read 1380 times)

Solodoff

Forest Pack - render on a node using a preset. Problem
« on: February 26, 2019, 04:11:06 PM »
Greetings, colleagues. Help solve the problem: I use forestpack version 6,1,2. Render on two machines using Deadline. The second machine as a node for the forest.

So here. If you set up the forest manually, then when rendering everything is fine, but if the manual settings are saved in the preset and loaded in the new scene, then when rendering on the node, the forest is not rendered.

The problem is in the transfer of the settings of the forest itself through this menu:

Specially checked - I took a standard Plain, scattered boxes on it, spheres and kettles. With manual distribution, everything is rendered normally both there and there. But if the same settings are saved in a preset and loaded into a new scene — distributed onto a standard plane, then only a plane is rendered on the node without the distribution of boxes and so on.

The libraries are established there and there, the paths are all identical. And with manual tuning, they are also rendered normally.

I read the help on itoo, but I did not find anything worthwhile. The only thing I found here is this phrase:

"If you use the elements of the Library, you can see it."

All network paths are registered, everything else is rendered normally. Can anyone come across?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Forest Pack - render on a node using a preset. Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 04:35:20 PM »
Hi,

Sorry to hear you're facing these troubles. First let me mention, as you are referring to the "legacy" Presets option in the General roll-out, that now in newer versions of Forest Pack we recommend to use the Library for saving your presets as it's a more flexible option - and it's maintains all information needed (not just numeric parameters as older preset roll-out, which we maintain now just for compatibility reasons).

Are you able to reproduce these troubles also by using backburner or just with Deadline? If so, would you mind to specify its version? Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue.

Best regards,

Solodoff

Re: Forest Pack - render on a node using a preset. Problem
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 04:59:37 PM »
I do not use Backburner at work and never put it, so I can not say anything here, but the version of deadline 10.0.6.3
I actively use Forest Pask not so long ago (for several months), I probably do not fully know about all its capabilities. :)

If you give me a link where you can read about the organization of libraries of presets, I will be grateful :)