Forest Pack > Forest Pro (*)

Forest Pro Problems on Net Render

<< < (2/2)

iToo:
Mike,

After reviewing  the source code again, i have not found any bug and all tests works fine for me, so i think this issue may be a network problem. As you can can see in the dialog, Max finds the bitmap in the map paths (and it even shows a preview !).

Please, use the attached ForestPro.dlo. This release retries to load the bitmap three times before displaying the error message, that may help if there is a network problem.

--- Quote ---All the distribution bitmaps are in 3 places:

1.  In the 3dsmax8\plugcfg folder
2.  In a folder C:\ForestPro_maps
3.  In the project maps folder

--- End quote ---

Copy them also in the same path of the plugcfg folder used to edit the scene. For example, if the computer where you created the scene has the maps in c:\3dsmax8\plugcfg, create this folder in the slave stations and copy the maps there. By default, Max (and Forest) tries to load the file with the original path (as c:\3dsmax8\plugcfg\dense.bmp), and if it doesn't exists then searchs in the map paths.

However, try this only if the modified plugin fails too (i like to know if it fixes the problem).

--- Quote ---One thing I notice, when I use the 'Bitmap/Photometric Paths' utility to edit all the map paths in the project to make sure they're UNC, the maps used by ForestPro do not show up there.  Seems like they should since they are a map like the others.
--- End quote ---

That is the expected behaviour. This tool only works with materials and textures, not with the custom bitmaps used by the plugins.

Mike Truly:
Carlos,

Thanks, I will give this a try but I will be gone for about a week before I get a chance.

Thanks again.

Mike Truly:
Carlos,

An update for you.  I installed the modified ForestPro.dlo file that trys loading the BMP several times on all systems and so far, I have not received the ForestPro loading error again.  I will be watching to see if it occurs again.

Thanks for this modification and I hope you include it in future builds.

Thanks again.

Mike Truly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version