Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Help, network-licenses not accessible!  (Read 2661 times)

link3d

Help, network-licenses not accessible!
« on: May 06, 2014, 09:53:26 AM »
Hey Itoo,
we seem to have made some (bad) maintenance changes to our server, now the licenses are not accessible. Itoo license server is still running, licenses still are active, everything in the license manager seems to be ok, licserver.log tells licenses are running on tcp port 16720. server-ip didn´t change, I only added another network adapter for creating a trunking gigabit connection between the server and the switch, i also changed the disks of the data raid (not the system raid). I can´t se another change wich might have influenced the licensing system.
Any fast idea would be welcome!
Matthias

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Help, network-licenses not accessible!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 10:17:47 AM »
If everything is correct in the server, it would be a communication issue.
Please, try using a TCP scanning tool (as nmap) to test the server port from a workstation. In this way:

nmap -p 16720 <your-server-address>

It should return the following result:

PORT      STATE SERVICE
16720/tcp open  unknown

Also enable the debug mode in the server, try to use the plugin and send us the licserver.log.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

link3d

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 10:40:35 AM »
Carlos, thanks for the fast reply!
nmap returns:
PORT      STATE SERVICE
16720/tcp open  unknown
so this might be ok....
i will watch the licserver.log next and have a look for the debug mode.

is it possible to switch the workstations back to local license, they have been licensed locally before we changed to network licenses...? This might be the fastest way to make the artist work again....
Matthias

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 10:55:10 AM »
is it possible to switch the workstations back to local license, they have been licensed locally before we changed to network licenses...? This might be the fastest way to make the artist work again....

Yes, you would install the license server in the workstation temporary. But note that only can be one server running in the network at same time.
If the service detects there is other server running, it doesn't start. So you should stop the service in the server, before starting it in the workstation.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

link3d

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 11:21:59 AM »
...still looking for the server debugging....
hmmm, i don´t like installing the network-license-service on a local workstation....
is there no possibility to switch the license mode back from network license to the two "old" local licenses?
Matthias

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 02:33:41 PM »
Sorry, but i't not possible. We must generate new licenses at each change, revoking the others.
We can do it for a permanent change, but this is not a process to be done multiple times.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software