Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: get size from library ..don't work as expected?  (Read 6774 times)

dschaga

get size from library ..don't work as expected?
« on: August 04, 2009, 11:07:59 AM »
Hi,
The get size from library checkbox is disabled by default  ..
I always forget this and then after adding some treetypes from the library i have to redo the complete procedere because when i enable the get from library checkbox it doesn't update the treestypes in the scene.
This is a global switch ..isn't it?

maybe this can be fixed easily.

btw ..don't forget to fix the gamma issue with the library.

yuv

• Administrator
  • iToo Software - CEO
    • Itoo Software
Re: get size from library ..don't work as expected?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 05:45:30 PM »
Currently the "Get Size from Library" checkbox is stored as a local parameter in each forest object,  is not a global switch. You are right, this can be a bit annoying, we will study to save the last used value as default.

About the library, we are making a complete rewrite of the library system to support mesh objects, a better file organization and new features. Because that the current beta don't includes the latest fixes in the library (as the gamma issue). We will include the new system in the next betas.

Some features are open for now, any idea or wishlist about libraries will be welcome. ;)
Daniel Quintero
Itoo Software
www.itoosoft.com
daniel@itoosoft.com

dschaga

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 10:44:14 PM »
ok ..maybe it's better to have an local "override size from library" checkbox instead and always use the library size... would be more logical to me.

btw ..another wish for a local parameter would be an override of the collission detection. I think of a forest and the lower vegitation under the trees which shouldn't effected by the bounding box of the trees. ..just an idea.
btw ..is it better for the performance to have one FP object with 20 different trees or is it better to have 5 FP objects with 4 different Trees?

for the library wishlist go here : http://www.itoosoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=305.0

yuv

• Administrator
  • iToo Software - CEO
    • Itoo Software
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 08:10:16 PM »
btw ..is it better for the performance to have one FP object with 20 different trees or is it better to have 5 FP objects with 4 different Trees?

The performance crating one or multiple forest objects is identical. Forest handles internaly global caches for all data that can be shared between objects (as geometry, vray proxies, mr proxies...). This is specially important to minimize the resources used while rendering.

Daniel Quintero
Itoo Software
www.itoosoft.com
daniel@itoosoft.com