Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Major problems with FP libraries in network environment.  (Read 500 times)

DS2694

Major problems with FP libraries in network environment.
« on: January 31, 2022, 10:37:54 AM »
We have FP installed on 30+ computers in a network where each user has their own user profile and they often move between PCs.
This leads to major problems where FP presets don’t find their maps. We've installed the library locally right on C: so everyone has the same access to the files and not only on the user that installed FP. But even though we’ve pointed FP to go to the local C: maps it goings looking in the users max folder? We then need to manually repoint all the maps though the asses browser each time. There must be an easier way to make Fp look in the right place. (without editing some registry files)

I've attached how we try to make FP go to the right spot.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Major problems with FP libraries in network environment.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 02:00:23 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your email. The Library Paths section of the preferences should be used to point to the parent directory that contains libraries. I see from your screenshot that you are only pointing it at the maps folder.

Instead, you should add the maps directories to the Customise Project Paths > External Files menu as shown below

Forest Pack actually should take care of this for you, it scans the library locations for folders called Maps and adds them to this section automatically. I can see you have this enabled in your screenshot so I am unsure of what's happening. As a first step I would check the External Files preferences to see if the maps folders are already present.

Best,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

DS2694

Re: Major problems with FP libraries in network environment.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 02:33:07 PM »