Forest Pack > Forest Pro (*)

FP Error on Loading

(1/2) > >>

Mike Truly:
MAX9_32 FP 2.31 (hmmm I think there is a newer version... I'll have to try this).  This is more of a heads up as I can't reproduce it and can't share the problem file unfortunately.

I was working on a project yesterday and all seemed fine.  The project contained a FP with about 800000 trees which were 2 plane trees.  When I tried to open the file this morning, before it finished the error window popped up.  "An error has occurred... would you like to attempt to save file?"  Yes... save failed, etc.

I was pretty sure this might be related to FP so I tried merging all but the FP stuff into a new file.  This worked.  Then I reset MAX and tried merging in just the FP stuff and this worked.  So it was definitely FP related.

Just thought I would mention it.

Thanks!

Mike Truly:
I should also mention that the layer that FP was on was set to 'Display as Box' and the FP objects were set to use 'By Layer'.  Don't know if this is relevant.

Thanks!

Mike Truly:
OK, I installed FP 2.33 but the same error occurred.  I was able to work around the problem by merging.

Thanks!

iToo:
Hi Mike,

This type of error doesn't give much information about the problem. Usually we use a Max debug build to load corrupted scenes... if you like send us the file for checking (although it must be a very large file, i believe).

Mike Truly:
Carlos,  thanks for the offer.  I can't really share the file and it is large (about 48 megs).

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version