Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: FP vs vray scatter  (Read 2519 times)

roysgi10

FP vs vray scatter
« on: July 26, 2022, 07:43:41 PM »
I have been using FP for many years. I love it and also your support. Aren't you worried that people won't buy the FP anymore because of the VRAY SCATTER?
Can you highlight the advantages of FP vs VRAY SCATTER now and in the future.

Thanks

roysgi10

Re: FP vs vray scatter
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 09:37:53 PM »
I meant the one built in vray 6

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 11:13:15 PM »
Well, on the long journey you often need a sixth gear, and if you got mehanical failure it is always good to have a good mechanic.  ;)

RealViz

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 07:16:26 AM »
V-ray Scatter (or originally Corona Scatter) is much simpler. Enough for some scattering here and there..., but FP can do much more thanks to image-based scattering. The list of what's better about FP would be very long indeed...

FStorm

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 07:24:03 AM »
FStorm's node-based scattering tool looks promising, more convenient to use, it would be great if FP changed to node

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 09:34:58 AM »
We know some customers may choose Chaos Scatter instead of Forest, but this has also happened in the past with other competitor products and we remain the go-to choice.

There is not much we can do about competition, except to continue working hard to support and improve our products, as we always have done, to ensure that we offer the most flexible and fully featured scatterer for professional artists.

As a general rule, we prefer to be innovators than compare our plugins with other products.
But I invite you to take a look at our documentation, to see that Forest has nearly every feature of others scatters, and much more.

Thanks for your feedback, and confidence in our plugins.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 09:38:48 AM by iToo »
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software