Forest Pack > Forest Pro (*)

FP07 crashing

(1/3) > >>

Terri Brown:
hi,

is anyone else having issues with their scenes crashing often with FP07? I keep having to merge into a new scene...then it's usually ok, until I set up a camera and try enter camera view...then, boom, crash. So I figured it had something to do with either point-cloud display (I know there've been some issues there), or the new 'enable on viewport' checkbox. So I switched all point clouds to adaptive, and switched off all 'enable on viewport' options. No crashes.

I'm using the latest build with 3ds max 2021 and latest vray.

Itoo can you confirm if this is a bug?

JG9382:
Main issue I have found is any forests using 'exclude or include' spline areas in FP7 - it would just max out RAM and crash. (reverting to FP6 fixes)

I had to convert spline areas to paints, ridiculous but it worked.

Rokas:

--- Quote from: Terri Brown on April 07, 2021, 09:56:13 PM ---hi,

is anyone else having issues with their scenes crashing often with FP07? I keep having to merge into a new scene...then it's usually ok, until I set up a camera and try enter camera view...then, boom, crash. So I figured it had something to do with either point-cloud display (I know there've been some issues there), or the new 'enable on viewport' checkbox. So I switched all point clouds to adaptive, and switched off all 'enable on viewport' options. No crashes.

I'm using the latest build with 3ds max 2021 and latest vray.

Itoo can you confirm if this is a bug?

--- End quote ---
We have not had such report yet. Would You please send us a sample file via email? We are interested in solving it.

Rokas:

--- Quote from: JG9382 on April 08, 2021, 01:41:15 AM ---Main issue I have found is any forests using 'exclude or include' spline areas in FP7 - it would just max out RAM and crash. (reverting to FP6 fixes)

I had to convert spline areas to paints, ridiculous but it worked.

--- End quote ---

We have not had this report either. Would You please send us a crashing scene to troubleshoot it ?
We would appreciate it. Thank You.

Terri Brown:
ok will send soon...just submitting something to client. It's a big file though!  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version