Forest Pack > Forest Pro (*)

FP7 and Corona Override Material

(1/2) > >>

JM2145:
Just upgraded to FP7 and now my Forest Packs aren't respecting the exclude from Corona's Override Material.  The only thing that's changed is the upgrade to FP

JM2145:
I think I've just figured this out.

So the Forest Pack setup was as follows

3 Small Forest Packs (Grass Clumps) - kept as live Forest Scatters

These were then used as the base Geometry inside a larger forest pack covering the surface.

If I convert the Small Forest Pack to Mesh - thus losing the ability to change it's paramters, it excludes it from the Override.

Oddly, if I then press undo to turn it back to a Forest Pack, it remains excluded from the Override.

It's worth noting the entire forest pack was originally merged in from another file.  Seems a bit buggy

JM2145:
Yep the problem is scattering forest packs within a larger forest pack

JM2145:
Another issue, if you scatter a Forest Pack within a Forest Pack, when you run Corona Interactive, the base Forest Pack that you scatter disappears and doesn't render, it's in the viewport but not the render

Paul Roberts:
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about that last issue. I've just performed a quick test here (with latest FP) and it seems to be working as expected. Do you by any chance have the Hide Custom Objects before Rendering option enabled?

If not, are you able to share a simplified scene that reproduces the issue? It'll make it much easier for me to diagnose.

Many thanks,
Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version