Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Wanting to setup distribuated render with Forect pack  (Read 636 times)

DigitalMagic

Wanting to setup distribuated render with Forect pack
« on: March 12, 2021, 11:59:28 PM »
Hi.  I'm wanting to distributed render with 3ds Max.
I have 2 machines with Max licenses and 2 additional machines that are only render nodes.
I installed Forest Pack on 2 machines as workstations and the other 2 as render nodes if I remember correctly.
That is all I have done.  Not sure what to do next.

Thank you for any help

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Wanting to setup distribuated render with Forect pack
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 08:41:40 AM »
Hi, that's all you need.

Did you find some problem with Forest using that configuration ?
Or do you need generic help about distributed rendering ?

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

DigitalMagic

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 02:59:47 AM »
Thank you.  No problems yet.  I'm still brand new at using Forest pack and just started doing distributed renders without forest pack.  But now I want to start making scenes with Forest pack and Distributed Render for faster speed So I'm looking for generic direction to get started

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 08:06:52 AM »
Make sure You have library assets installed/shared in all computers.

If You do have any problems here is my troubleshoot steps:
First thing to try is to make a scene of plane and teapot and scatter teapot on that plane.  Create slow bruteforce rendering settings so all computers can join in rendering on time.
This way You will find out if ForestPack is working across Your network. If it renders teapots with all nodes then Your assets are not installed/shared correctly.

Many tips can be found in this topic with few links going further which are useful to troubleshoot distributed rendering issues.

Hope this helps. If You need help after reading mentioned posts please share what You did and what (is)/(is not) working for You.
Rokas