Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: clones repeating same angle, not really rotating  (Read 477 times)

AVARCH

clones repeating same angle, not really rotating
« on: February 04, 2022, 05:08:24 PM »
Hi!

So I was following some tutorial to scatter translucent snowflakes to achieve some nice macro shots of snow. Now I'm wondering about the rotation of the clones.
In this attached screenshot you can see the prerendered snowflakes, there are 9 different sets of snowflakes for variation. I have marked the snowflakes that seem to repeat 1:1, same angle. They look so stupid, let's point at them and laugh, they are all the same.
In the second screenshot you can see a little bit of my setup. In the bottom left corner, which is the shot that will be rendered, you can already observe the clones repeating and not really feature any rotation whatsoever. Look at the pink ones for example. They really are all the same.
On the right you can see that I use the rotation parameters, but the clones don't seem to rotate at all. How can this be? Shouldn't the rotation be completely random for every single clone of the nine snowflake-objects?

regards
a
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 05:11:18 PM by AVARCH »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: clones repeating same angle, not really rotating
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 05:16:11 PM »
That does seem a bit strange - could you please check that you don't have a camera assigned in the Look-At section and that Use Current Camera isn't selected.

If it's not that, it would be helpful if we could check the scene file. If you'd rather not upload it publically, please send it to helpdesk@itoosoft.com.

Many thanks.
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

AVARCH

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 05:24:18 PM »
That does seem a bit strange - could you please check that you don't have a camera assigned in the Look-At section and that Use Current Camera isn't selected.

...sir you just saved my day, now I'm ready for the weekend. I really had some camera assigned and the clones were looking at that target.

Thank you very much for your quick help, now the rotations kick in and every clone is rotated uniquely.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 05:25:19 PM »
Great! Glad we could solve the problem. Have a good weekend.

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software