Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: FPro error  (Read 5350 times)

spike

FPro error
« on: February 09, 2010, 06:01:33 PM »
Hi

I keep getting this message, see attachment.

My IT dept has pointed FPro to a server via the FPro Licence Mode SetUp and it keeps working but I cannot see it in the Licence Manager.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: FPro error
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 07:24:27 PM »
Hi,

Please, try this:

1.- If you have a firewall installed, be sure that port 16720 is open for TCP and UDP protocols.
1.- Open a command prompt window running "cmd.exe" from Start Menu->Run
2.- Test the connectivity using "ping <server>", where <server> is the IP address of your license server.
3.- If it works, run "telnet <server> 16720".

If using the last command you get a prompt and can write some characters, the computer can communicate with the server. If not, there is some network issue.

Was it working before or is this a new installation ? Are there other computers using Forest in your network ?

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

spike

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 10:05:25 AM »
Hi

Tried 'pinging' and everything is OK and the Telnet command lets me enter characters (although I couldn't see what I was typing?)
It is a new installation and there is at least one other user on the network, 2 licences out of 4 being used.
When it was installed the message didn't 'pop up', it started after a few days.

Attachment is of what the help file illustrates and my Licence Manager with nothing in it, but it does show Hardware ID number and FPro still carry's on working.

thanks

John
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 10:14:44 AM by spike »

yuv

• Administrator
  • iToo Software - CEO
    • Itoo Software
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 10:36:04 AM »
Hi,

The License Manager only shows the licenses installed locally and it is not used on workstations that uses remote licenses. You have to open it in the server machine to get the all tabs as shown in the help files.

As ping and telnet works, should be connectivity to the server. The next step is check if the server report some error. Please follow this procedure to obtain the server log:

- Open the License Manager on the server machine.
 - Click in "License Server" Tab and click in "View Log..."
 - Send us the log file to support@itoosoft.com

Also check if you have installed some antivirus or firewall in the server or in the workstation machine. Some users has been reported similar problem with some of these products.
Daniel Quintero
Itoo Software
www.itoosoft.com
daniel@itoosoft.com