Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: From 8.06 to 7.43  (Read 399 times)

NL4355

From 8.06 to 7.43
« on: March 25, 2023, 09:02:42 AM »
Hi, guys! I can't, at the moment buy maintenance plan, so I need to know what would happen if I start project with version 8.06, and then, if it has bug's, I reinstall version 7.43, will it still work, I mean all the adjustments, of course that exists in both version? I', kinda understand that even "same" code could be altered, but maybe it's config thing or something like that.
 And what you would suggest, maybe I should start with 7.4.3? Version 8.06 is better in functions, but if it's not stable....

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: From 8.06 to 7.43
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 09:56:57 AM »
Hi,

As general rule we don't support backward compatibility.
Normally a scene created with Forest 8 will load without problems in Forest 7, but we cannot guarantee it.

On the other hand, Forest 8 was released some months ago, and we have published several updates since them.
It should be completely stable for the production work. Are you worried about some specific point ?

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

NL4355

Re: From 8.06 to 7.43
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 01:55:51 PM »
. Are you worried about some specific point ?

I'm only planning for the heavy(relatively) exterior project, and trying to make sure that I won't have to remake all of the work if version 8.06 isn't stable enough. I'll guess I'm risk it, or will try to find a way to transfer the payment(because of sanctions) for the maintenance plan.
 I will ask technical support what my options how to make payments are. Thanks.