Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Grass edge flicker problem  (Read 636 times)

blinq

Grass edge flicker problem
« on: December 27, 2021, 12:48:09 PM »
I have a problem with flickering grass on the edge of tre distribution area. Here is the result:
https://youtu.be/FtckXMUa6rA
(I can\t show the full animation and the product right now)
I'm working in 3ds Max 2022, Vray GPU and I'm using full version of Forest Pack (but I can't post in that forum God knows why).
Any suggestions?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Grass edge flicker problem
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 01:59:26 PM »
Hi Piotr,

First let me mention, that you can associate any account of the forum with the "Pro" license account under User Panel - Forum - Forum Accounts. Anyway, we've just granted a "Pro" permissions to your forum account, so you have full access to Pro board now.

I would suggest you do a quick test - switch the Forest object to the Custom Edit mode to see if there is any difference.

Also, as it's really hard to say, what's happening exactly in your scene just from the provided video, if possible, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)) to helpdesk@itoosoft.com to check it here. In case of a big file size, please use a web sharing service like WeTransfer. Ideally, if you'll be able to reproduce it on a minimal scene, which you can send us, it would be great.

Best regards,

blinq

Re: Grass edge flicker problem
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 09:58:44 AM »
Hello Michal,
Switching to Custom Edit mode seems to fix the problem. I'll run some more tests but it looks very promising.
Thank you very much!
And thanks for adding Pro permissions to my account - I couldn't find it in the settings.