Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: How to restore FP and RC Toolbar ?  (Read 4569 times)

theedge

How to restore FP and RC Toolbar ?
« on: May 06, 2016, 04:09:58 PM »
I recently upgraded both RC and FP and got the new toolbars appear.
But since today, they no longer show.
If I right-click on any palette I can see both Railclone and Forestpack palettes ticked. Is there a way to restore their position ?

Also, if I want to put those buttons (especially the listers) in a custom palette, where do I find them ? When customizing the interface, under toolbar, I only have Forest Lite, Forest Pro, Railclone Lite and Railclone Pro as available actions.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: How to restore FP and RC Toolbar ?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 04:40:00 PM »
I recently upgraded both RC and FP and got the new toolbars appear.
But since today, they no longer show.
If I right-click on any palette I can see both Railclone and Forestpack palettes ticked. Is there a way to restore their position ?

Please, try closing Max and deleting these files:

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsmax\<your max version>\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\forestpack_toolbar.ini
C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsmax\<your max version>\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\railclone_toolbar.ini

In the current version there is a bug which places the toolbar out of screen if this is not docked. To avoid that, just delete the above files (be sure Max is closed), and once the toolbars are visible, dock them.
This bug is already fixed for the next update.

Also, if I want to put those buttons (especially the listers) in a custom palette, where do I find them ? When customizing the interface, under toolbar, I only have Forest Lite, Forest Pro, Railclone Lite and Railclone Pro as available actions.

This will possible in the upcoming update as well. Meanwhile, besides fixing the toolbar as described above, the Lister can be opened from the "General" rollup.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

theedge

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 11:30:27 AM »
Thank you. Deleting the ini files did fix the toolbars. For the moment I'll keep them docked.

QM3423

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 04:34:35 PM »
I only see a forestpack.ini file in there. Can i delete that file to restore my toolbars? I am having the same problem where the toolbars seem to be off screen. I am running the latest and greatest versions.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 09:08:34 AM »
I only see a forestpack.ini file in there. Can i delete that file to restore my toolbars? I am having the same problem where the toolbars seem to be off screen. I am running the latest and greatest versions.

No, forestpack.ini is a different file. What Max version do you use, is it english localized or other language ?

Please, try searching forestpack_toolbar.ini in all folders within C:\Users\< user name>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsmax\<you max version>\ENU.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

QM3423

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 05:09:12 PM »
Found them thank you. The Lister is AMAZING!  Really speeds up the workflow.

Dustin

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 12:43:20 AM »
This worked for me in the past but now its not working.