Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: gravel / octane material  (Read 2056 times)

JS4753

gravel / octane material
« on: January 15, 2015, 04:58:20 PM »
You already told me that atm there aren't Octane materials available for the gravel forest from the library, but is there any way to assign a material to the whole forest from outside?

I tried it and I think that the gravel forest isn't exepting any Octane material assignment at all, not when assigned manually from outside and not when loaded into the material slots of the preassigned gravel-material.  In every case the forest stays white. Is that right or is there a way I am missing?  :-\

When do you think will the Octane material support be implemented?

Greetings to everyone :)

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: gravel / octane material
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 09:22:48 AM »
Unfortunately this is a known problem with Octane. Usually Forest takes the material assigned in Geometry->Material, but in Octane this parameter is ignored and uses the material assigned to the Custom Object. This problem has been reported to the Otoy team, but not solved yet.

In order to update their materials, you can select the Custom Objects easily using the quad menu (select Forest object->right click->select Forest Custom Object). Take note that these objects are stored in a hidden a freezen layer (forest_templates).

We'll try to include Octane materials for this library as soon as possible.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

JS4753

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 01:41:30 PM »
Hey thank you for your answer, that worked ;D

I am looking forward to the Octane materials in the library :)

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 11:04:11 AM »
We have created a preliminary version of the Octane materials. Please, do this:

1) Download GravelOctane.zip.
2) Unzip the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Itoo Software\Forest Pack Pro, replacing the existing files.

Because the Octane bug that ignores Geometry->Material, each time you load a preset it's necessary to assign the material to the Custom Object, as described in my previous post.
In next updates, we'll try to implement a workaround for that (probably assigning the material to the object automatically).

If you find some problem with the library, please let me know.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 11:08:32 AM by iToo »
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software