Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Heavy Filesize - how to decrease  (Read 1954 times)

sgutendorf

Heavy Filesize - how to decrease
« on: February 11, 2019, 04:55:34 PM »
Hello everybody,

I'm new in using forest pack in architectural scenes for environment. In my first scene I have create 13 Forest objects with trees and shrubs form HQ-Plants and grass from Forest Library. For grass I used Forest Presets. The HQ-Libraries are xrefed in library. For Forest Presets I read, that they are merged into library, so I set the xref value in index.xml to 1, in hope, my filesize decrease. But filesize is still very large with around 5 GB. Without Forest Objects it has still 4 MB. Where's my mistake or what can I do?

I have build all Forest Objects before I changed from "merge" to "xref". Is there anything to do, that it gets adopt to the scene?
My problem is, that opening or saving this file is very slow because I'm working on Network.

Thank you for help!

Rokas

Re: Heavy Filesize - how to decrease
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 05:03:36 PM »
Please look at this FAQ topic. Hope this helps.
Rokas

sgutendorf

Re: Heavy Filesize - how to decrease
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 03:57:29 PM »
Hi,

I changed the settings as in the FAQ Topic, but filesize was still the same.

After that I deleted all Forest objects on the "forest template" layer, automatic build when create a Forest Object. Then I go to all Objects, delete all geometry items and import them new from library. Afterwards the filesize was only 9 MB instead of 5 GB before.

Thanks for help.