Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: How can I rotate my trees about each of their own local Z axis ?  (Read 1443 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Hello everyone,
How can I rotate my trees about each of their own local Z axis ?
I tried to select the forest object and change the sub-selection level to “trees”. And I select the trees and change the MAX operating coordsys to “Local” and the pivot “type 3”. Please see my screenshot in my attachments.
BUT! I could not manage to rotate my trees about each of their own local Z axis. It seems they had only one Pivot at the center of them. What can I do now ? Please help me. I want to rotate them exactly 90 degrees.

I'm really looking forward to your answer.
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: How can I rotate my trees about each of their own local Z axis ?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 01:15:04 PM »
Hi,

Which version of Forest Pack are you using? As you can see on attached screen-shots, it should behave correctly when using the Pivot Point Center. Since Forest Pack Lite/Pro 5.2.0 "Custom Edit uses local axis of each item, instead axis of the Forest object."

Best regards,

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 07:09:05 PM »
I'm using MAX2014 with FP4.4.1.max. You can see this information my file name.
Do you mean there no way to rotate the trees about the local Z Axis except to Upgrade the Forest pro pack ? Or is there any workaround in FP 4.4.1 ? I will upgrade my software later, but not today.
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 10:43:36 AM »
Hi,

In such case, applying the XForm modifier over the Custom Object and rotating its Gizmo correspondingly would be an option.

Best regards,