Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: How to make the trees ONLY visible outside the camera's field of view?  (Read 1246 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Hello everyone in iToosoft,
As we all know, while "Limit to visibility" is checked, the trees are only visible in camera's field of view.
But, I want to make my forest visible only outside the active camera(not visible in camera view but visible outside the camera) today. Because I want to make a new forest with low polygon models for reflection in the windows. How to make the trees NOT visible in camera view but ONLY visible outside the camera's field of view?
Any workaround ? I hope you can answer me soon.
Thank you very much.
 :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:10:07 AM by cc8boy »
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Hi,

A possible option would be to Add a Forest object as excluding area and if needed raise the Properties - Scale value. There are several other possibilities (as using another Area(s) (like Spline/Paint Area(s)) or the Forest LOD feature) and the best option would depend on your actual scene set-up.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Thanks for your quick reply. I will give it a try.
And I hope this will be a built-in function in the future release. I think it is not very difficult in programming this feature.
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.