Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Installing Flowers (roses) in Max Design 2012 to be accessed by the Library  (Read 3592 times)

BKE

Hello! I recently purchased your plants/palms bundle and your flowers library along with Forest Pro. Thanks for a great product! Everything installed very intuitively except the flowers. I added them to the "Additional Files Path" in Max Design 2012, but they are still not available in the Library. Please assist. I have a current project that I want to use the roses on!
Thanks,
Brian

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Installing Flowers (roses) in Max Design 2012 to be accessed by the Library
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 04:04:40 PM »
The catalog for HD flowers libraries are not yet available, you can't use them directly in the library browser because the browser needs thumbnail images and additional information that is not included on the .max files.

We are pending to receive thumbnail images from 3DMentor to finalize it, as soon as we have this information, we will release a updated version of HQ Catalog supporting all flower libraries.

HQ Plants libraries is a product maded by 3D Mentor, we are only distributors of their products, however to facilitate the integration with forest we create with HQ Catalog add-on that should be updated for each new published library.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

BKE

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 04:10:34 PM »
Thank you for the speedy response. Do I just use the insert command, then? Thanks again.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 05:42:58 PM »

Well, it's not necessary to use the Library Browser. You can merge any model in the scene, and assign it to Forest as Geometry->Custom Object.

But of course you can include the flowers in your own library, if you like.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

paulmonsef

Is there an update on when this will be available?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software

It should be ready in the next weeks. We must modify the installer to fix a last minute issue, but we have been very busy lately.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

TM3598

Hi Carlos,

I bought the HD Flowers 2 yesterday and am experiencing problems (would you believe !).

I will write a separate message about that, but in this one you mention the library thumbnails would be available Feb 2012 'in a few weeks'.

Where can I get these as it is now one year later and as far as I can work out, they still aren't available ?

Many thanks.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software

No, unfortunately it is not ready yet, because these models require some changes in the library (support for groups), that are available in Forest 4 only. We will continue working on this catalog as soon we release Forest 4 final. Same problem with XFrog models, by the way.

Anyway, you can use the models manually: merging them in the scene and assigning the mesh to Geometry List->Custom Object. The library browser is only a tool to automatize this process.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software