Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Installing Xfrog Catalog  (Read 2594 times)

TG2731

Installing Xfrog Catalog
« on: July 09, 2018, 01:01:08 PM »
I have just updated to the latest version of Forest Pack Pro, and now I can't install the Xfrog library. No matter which I try to install it come up with an error message saying "The selected directory doesn't contain XFrogPlants Europe 1 library" for example. I've not had this issue on previous installs of Forest Pack with Xfrog.

Any advice to fix this would be great.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Installing Xfrog Catalog
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 03:45:58 PM »
Hi,

It should be working correctly (I've just done a quick test with some of them). Please double-check, you're selecting the folder hosting all corresponding subfolders. As mentioned here:

"... the Library Browser is looking for original folder structure after unpacking. Therefore, when unpacking any of Xfrog libraries, you should leave its folder structure as it is (it should be unpacked with its full folder structure).

Under the Select installation Path you should select the "parent" folder - in case of the Africa package it should be the XfrogPlants_Africa_MAX folder (in your case L:\3DS MAX Libraries\3D Models\foliage\Xfrog\XfrogPlants_Africa) and so on."

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

amitgedia

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 08:11:52 AM »
Hi,
in the free add on section why X-Frog installer no more there, is it discontinued support wise for the new FPP

Thanks
Amit

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 08:53:22 AM »
Hi Amit,

Sadly, we experienced troubles in the partnership with Xfrog Inc. and we had to take action – a time ago we stopped to sell any of their products & support their packages. For this reason, we decided to remove the add-on from our site. Thanks for your comprehension.

Best regards,

amitgedia

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 09:06:17 AM »
Hi,
Sorry to hear about it, but the xfrog installer that we have will it still support the latest FPP and can we incorporate the Xfrog library in the latest FPP version (because i have not tried it yet)

Thanks
Amit.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 09:29:34 AM »
Hi Amit,

Yes, it should work without any troubles.

Best regards,

amitgedia

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 11:08:23 AM »
Hi,
sorry to mix the post but didnt want to start a new thread so continuing in this thread, for me evermotion lib 42,117 and 154 are not working i mean it doesnt take the path no matter what, can you please help

Thanks
Amit

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 08:52:24 AM »
Hi Amit,

Which renderer & Evermotion Catalog are you using?

The Library Browser (with the latest Evermotion Catalog add-on installed) is looking for the original folder structure after unpacking. Please unpack all assets (textures & models) with their original folder names into one "parent folder" (maybe that could lead to these "troubles" as their models are delivered "by folder" and these should be maintained). Then you should map the "parent" folder - containing maps folder and your renderer's folder with models (Vray, Mental_Ray, Scanline). Also please note, you shouldn't rename these folders (as our add-on uses that original folder names to allocate corresponding .max files for selected renderer).

In the current version, you need to have available also the V Ray's version of models (if the Library Browser can't find those, you'll get the error "The selected directory does not Contain Evermotion Plants AM* library").

Let me add, that as mentioned here: "... the Archmodels vol. 154 isn't supported by the Evermotion Catalog, but it shouldn't be hard for you to create your own library ..."

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

UR4828

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 07:53:04 AM »
Hi,
I have the same problem. The below method works well with all Xfrog volume2 libraries (with VRay materials), but not with Volume 1 plants. Any ideas?

Kind regards, Henning

Hi,

It should be working correctly (I've just done a quick test with some of them). Please double-check, you're selecting the folder hosting all corresponding subfolders. As mentioned here:

"... the Library Browser is looking for original folder structure after unpacking. Therefore, when unpacking any of Xfrog libraries, you should leave its folder structure as it is (it should be unpacked with its full folder structure).

Under the Select installation Path you should select the "parent" folder - in case of the Africa package it should be the XfrogPlants_Africa_MAX folder (in your case L:\3DS MAX Libraries\3D Models\foliage\Xfrog\XfrogPlants_Africa) and so on."

Hope that helps.

Best regards,