Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: not able to distribute according to material id  (Read 1593 times)

amitgedia

not able to distribute according to material id
« on: March 09, 2017, 01:19:45 PM »
i am trying to distribute the flower objects on id 2 of the arc but i am not able to do so, i know i am doing something wrong please help
Note : attaching the .max file as well

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: not able to distribute according to material id
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 03:34:34 PM »
Fox Renderfarm

Hi,

Sometimes it might be tricky to get the distribution applied correctly on "rotated" surface and it might require a Reset XForm operation to be performed. As mentioned in this "Scattering on Vertical Surfaces" tightly related tutorial:

"The most important thing to understand is how to orientate the Axes of the Forest Object, the surface and the scatter geometry. Forest Pack expects the local Z axis of the surface and Forest Pack's local Z axis to be aligned. Any deviation from this and you'll start to encounter  issues. In normal use, if you create a new Forest Pack object by selecting a surface, it will inherit the transformation matrix of the selected object. In this case correct alignment is automatic but only if the surface's coordinate system is already oriented correctly, with the local Z axisperpendicular to the plane."

Also, the work-flow described in following "can't propagate things on whole surface" post would be a good option: "A recommendable way would be to detach a copy of these polygons into a "help surface" which will Forest use for the distribution and remap UVs as wanted to get the correct distribution."

Attaching a modified scene. Hope you'll find it useful.

Best regards,
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 04:19:08 PM by Michal Karmazín »

amitgedia

Re: not able to distribute according to material id
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 03:55:28 PM »
thanks a lot for the great help... i knew i was doing some silly mistake and thanks a million for your help....