Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Is it possible to disable the automatic rename feature when picking the objects?  (Read 1159 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
 :'(
Hello developers of iToosoft,
   I'm making a large forest, I've already set the names of Geometry list, Area list and surface list. BUT! when I want to pick some other simple objects to TEST RENDER. The forest always rename the name in geometry list for me.
When I want to change objects I must always renamed the objects in the geometry list or aera list. I don't want to the names in the list are always the same as the real object names. I hope I can disable the auto rename feature manually.

Can you show me ?

FP 4.4.1 MAX2012 VR2.4 RC 2.50
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Hi, there is an option in to configure this behavior:

In C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsmax\<max version>\enu\plugcfg\forestpack.ini:

assignGeomName=1

Setting it to 0 will disable the auto-rename. Please note this value is read on start, so aftwer updating it you must restart Max.

I hope that helps.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Thanks for the quick reply. I hope there will be a perference setting inside MAX about this feature in the future update. This is excactly what I'm looking for. :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:12:45 PM by cc8boy »
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.