Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Is it wise to begin to use Max 2013/VRay/Forest Pro?  (Read 3700 times)

BKE

Is it wise to begin to use Max 2013/VRay/Forest Pro?
« on: May 25, 2012, 05:44:55 AM »
I have been holding off installing Max Design 2013, waiting for Forest Pro. Is it safe to jump into Max Design 2013/Vray/Forest Pro? I have been holding off until these Max Plugins were 'up-to-speed'.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:46:38 AM by BKE »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Is it wise to begin to use Max 2013/VRay/Forest Pro?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 10:02:19 AM »

Until now there are three knowns problems in the beta:

1.- The bucket rendering with Mental Ray doesn't work well. It seems this will require a fix from Autodesk.
2.- The 3D models  loaded from the library are visible in the viewport, although they are stored in a hidden layer. This is a Nitrous problem and it should be fixed in the upcoming Max service pack.
3.- Some instability issues with the Library Browser (just reported). Perhaps this problem is related with 2, we still have not reproduced it here.

Personally, i would wait a bit more before using the plugin in production. Also this Max release is internally very different from Max 2012, specially because the migration to Unicode.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

BKE

Re: Is it wise to begin to use Max 2013/VRay/Forest Pro?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 11:32:31 AM »

Until now there are three knowns problems in the beta:

1.- The bucket rendering with Mental Ray doesn't work well. It seems this will require a fix from Autodesk.
2.- The 3D models  loaded from the library are visible in the viewport, although they are stored in a hidden layer. This is a Nitrous problem and it should be fixed in the upcoming Max service pack.
3.- Some instability issues with the Library Browser (just reported). Perhaps this problem is related with 2, we still have not reproduced it here.

Personally, i would wait a bit more before using the plugin in production. Also this Max release is internally very different from Max 2012, specially because the migration to Unicode.

Thanks, Carlos, for the thorough answer. Perhaps, after the Max Design Service Pack is released, I will check back with you. I appreciate the support.