Forest Pack > Forest Pro (*)

Is it wise to begin to use Max 2013/VRay/Forest Pro?

(1/1)

BKE:
I have been holding off installing Max Design 2013, waiting for Forest Pro. Is it safe to jump into Max Design 2013/Vray/Forest Pro? I have been holding off until these Max Plugins were 'up-to-speed'.

iToo:

Until now there are three knowns problems in the beta:

1.- The bucket rendering with Mental Ray doesn't work well. It seems this will require a fix from Autodesk.
2.- The 3D models  loaded from the library are visible in the viewport, although they are stored in a hidden layer. This is a Nitrous problem and it should be fixed in the upcoming Max service pack.
3.- Some instability issues with the Library Browser (just reported). Perhaps this problem is related with 2, we still have not reproduced it here.

Personally, i would wait a bit more before using the plugin in production. Also this Max release is internally very different from Max 2012, specially because the migration to Unicode.

BKE:

--- Quote from: iToo on May 25, 2012, 10:02:19 AM ---
Until now there are three knowns problems in the beta:

1.- The bucket rendering with Mental Ray doesn't work well. It seems this will require a fix from Autodesk.
2.- The 3D models  loaded from the library are visible in the viewport, although they are stored in a hidden layer. This is a Nitrous problem and it should be fixed in the upcoming Max service pack.
3.- Some instability issues with the Library Browser (just reported). Perhaps this problem is related with 2, we still have not reproduced it here.

Personally, i would wait a bit more before using the plugin in production. Also this Max release is internally very different from Max 2012, specially because the migration to Unicode.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Carlos, for the thorough answer. Perhaps, after the Max Design Service Pack is released, I will check back with you. I appreciate the support.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version