Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Itoo Software folder missing from Program Files (x86)  (Read 4022 times)

Fer

Itoo Software folder missing from Program Files (x86)
« on: August 30, 2018, 07:15:35 PM »
Hello,

I just proceed to upgrade my forest pro from the 5.4.1 to the latest 6.1.1 (I need to clarify that first I uninstalled the old version), after installing the new one and running and downloading the assets with the update manager, I went to do my first test and tried to add one of the new Layered lawns. First I got a prompt asking to add the map's path in the external files and when I click to add the paths automatically I got an error message that couldn't find the full.bmp so I opened win explorer and tried to navigate to the path in question and found the Itoo Software folder from Program Files (x86) doesn't exist anymore, the folder now it's in Program Files.

So that creates a problem since all my projects are pointing to the (x86) folder and apparently, even the preset libraries are so whatever I try to add will have missing textures.

Rokas

Re: Itoo Software folder missing from Program Files (x86)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 09:02:49 AM »
Hi You can resolve these issues by correcting external userpaths dialog:

It will be offered for You to automatically configure this list if You refer to this post
Rokas

Fer

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 06:16:34 PM »
I know I could fix this issue by re doing the paths, the problem is that I was going to update 4 workstations and 22 render nodes, even if I fix all 4 workstations manually I read that forest silently configures the paths when it's installed in render nodes, so I wanted to confirm is if this is a known issue in the latest versions of forest pro and railclone pro they are not installing the folders in the x86 folder anymore but they still are programmed to sets the external user paths to that location?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 09:32:34 AM »
In the render nodes the texture paths should be added automatically, since the checkTexturePaths variable (described in this post) should have its default value.

I can confirm the latest versions of FP and RC are not installing in the x86 folder anymore, but in C:\Program Files\Itoo Software.
But both plugins should add the new path to the configuration, without any user interaction.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Fer

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 07:47:08 PM »
Sorry it took me so long to reply back, ok I did some testing and looks like the first time I installed forest in my workstation it didn't pomp me with adding the paths, after uninstalling and clearing the paths now I have everything in working order again!