Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest displaying as 'mesh' in stack after save and reopen  (Read 1591 times)

iainbanks

Forest displaying as 'mesh' in stack after save and reopen
« on: June 17, 2021, 11:31:12 AM »
Hi,

We have a scene which was working fine with forest whilst open. However once that scene was saved, closed and reopened, the forest objects would only display the word 'mesh' in the stack. essentially now corrupted. We tried opening previous saved versions of the scene, most of which have the same problem. Going back even further we did eventually find a file that had an older version of the set up in it.

Wondering what might have caused this corruption?

FP version: 6.2.2
Max: 2020

Cheers

Iain

Rokas

Re: Forest displaying as 'mesh' in stack after save and reopen
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 11:41:01 AM »
Hi Iain,

That sounds like a licensing issue as this kind of problems are specific for non-legitimate licences. It might happen while working with scenes that have been created or edited using unauthorized versions of Forest Pack.
In case you have some scene edited with the non-legitimate license at any point, I'm afraid the only way is to delete all the Forest objects from it and recreate them. Trying to move the settings from this scene can cause instability and possible future issues.

Best regards,
Rokas

iainbanks

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 11:50:09 AM »
Hi Rokas,

Thanks for your quick reply.  However I'm not sure that this could be the cause as all of our machines are fully licenced up.  The scene has not been created, opened or saved on a computer other than this one. Its a concern as we now don't know if we spend time recreating the same forest set up if it will corrupt again.

Is this type of corruption transferable from scene to scene by using 3d assets such as models downloaded from 3dsky etc?

Iain

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 11:52:23 AM »
Hi again. Please send us the scene(prior to the corrupted mesh object) and we will check it.
Corruption is transferable if assets had ForestPack object.
Rokas

iainbanks

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 12:07:13 PM »
Thanks Rokas, file sent via email.

Iain

lingrenddd

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 04:54:37 PM »
I have encountered a similar problem. At that time, I was adjusting the parameters of Forest, which possible parameters were too big, causing 3D Max crash, after reopening the file, the Forest turned "Dummy" (if I didn't remember the wrong name) , But not "Mesh", finally I re-produced Forest, I can determine that my computer is licensed.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 04:58:24 PM »
If you still have a backup, as Rokas said, please send us the scene (prior to the corrupted mesh object) and we will check it.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software