Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Known issues with FP RC and SMI.in in setting UseOldMtlBrowser=1 and Anima All?  (Read 671 times)

Morne

Hi Guys

Anybody experiencing issues with FP 8 and UseOldMtlBrowser=1 and having Anima ALL installed

Not sure where the issues lies, but this combination seems to corrupt my Max user folder
If I set UseOldMtlBrowser=0, then its fixed (or if I uninstall FP, RC, Anima)

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Hi Morne,

I'm sorry to hear you're facing these troubles.
“… this combination seems to corrupt my Max user folder ”
Would you mind describing this issue more in detail? Any additional info is welcome.

Did you also set the ShowMtlBrowser=0?

Thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share about it with us / our user community (in case some user(s) will run into similar troubles).

Best regards,

Morne

Hi Michael

Its hard to pinpoint where the issue comes in, but its that combination with Max 2022 that seems to cause issues.

Yes I also have:
"SelectByNameUsesSceneExplorer=0" in "CurrentDefaults.ini"
"UseOldMtlBrowser=1" in "SME.ini"

I've done various tests with various iterations/combinations if where/when it fails.
1st adjsuting the ini files, then installing plugins 1 by 1, checking each time between when it fails

last check happened AFTER all plugins installed and then setting "UseOldMtlBrowser=1" in "SME.ini"
Then, when you try and launch Nax, it crashes immediately

Before, I had FP 7.4.2 and RF 5.2.8 and that combination with Anima worked fine.
Since then, FP, RC and Anima have been updated and ever since then I've had issues.
Hard to say if itoo has anything to do with the issues, or if its Anima, or something totally different!
(This is on a fresh new PC install with Windows 10 22H2)

Morne

weird thing is, as soons as corruption happen, I can just set "UseOldMtlBrowser=0" in "SME.ini" and then Max launches suddenly without issues

Morne

I can confirm we have another user getting similar issues with same setup!

Morne

The other user also updated from previous FP and RC versions, and the installer did not remove the previous files from the old Max/plugins folder....

Morne

We've rolled back to FP 7.4.2 and RC 5.2.8 and the issues are resolved

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Hi Morne,

We‘ve done several tests on different configurations, but we don‘t experience any problems with the mentioned setup. I would suggest you try the following:
  • Set UseOldMtlBrowser=0 in the SME.ini.
  • Open 3ds max and switch to the Legacy Material Editor.
Does it lead to any issue(s)? If so, can you please save and send us  the minidump file of the crash?

As mentioned previously - thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share about it with us / our user community.

Best regards,

Morne

Hi Morne,

We‘ve done several tests on different configurations, but we don‘t experience any problems with the mentioned setup. I would suggest you try the following:
  • Set UseOldMtlBrowser=0 in the SME.ini.
  • Open 3ds max and switch to the Legacy Material Editor.
Does it lead to any issue(s)? If so, can you please save and send us  the minidump file of the crash?

As mentioned previously - thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share about it with us / our user community.

Best regards,

Hi Michael. Leaving UseOldMtlBrowser=0 fixes it temporarily as I mentioned. However that is not the solution

I will send a minidump next time I have time to test

Morne

I could add that both users with issues, are using AMD CPUs
Ryzen 9
Ryzen Threadripper 2nd Gen