Forest Pack > Forest Pro (*)

Library paths question

<< < (2/3) > >>

Michal KarmazĂ­n:
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear, you're still facing troubles with it. Can you please have a look at the following registry key if you can find these listed there?

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Itoo Software\Forest Pack Pro\TexturePaths

If so, try removing these entries.

Best regards,

MU3245:
Well editing registry keys is somewhat beyond my level of expertise. Since I'm a little unsure and a bit apprehensive about doing that here is what I have found.

Under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Itoo Software\Forest Pack Pro\TexturePaths  I find these two items:
(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
1 REG_SZ C:\Program Files\Itoo softwate\Forest Pack Pro\distmaps\images

Are you suggesting I delete those items?

Thank you.

MU3245:
I'm bumping this back up. I still have the problem and it's never been resolved. My last post regarding this was never answered.

Somewhere forest Pack is keeping old Forest Library paths that I changed in my directory using windows explorer versus the forest Library Browser.

Every time I start a new scene and add a forest object I then accept the message about including the forest paths in the max customize project paths. From that point on I get a repeated message about the 3 paths I removed not being valid and to "load paths anyway". IOW - When creating an initial forest object and accepting load forest paths, forest pack always includes these 3 long since deleted paths

I cannot figure out where Forest Pack (probably forest Library) is keeping these old deleted paths and how I might clear up this long standing annoying, self inflicted, glitch.

It's hard to believe I would need to edit registry keys to fix this...that was the last reply I got from itoo support on this thread.

thanks for any help.

iToo:
I apologize for the delay in replying.
If you don't get a reply in couple of days, please create a new thread. Sometimes it's difficult for us to track old posts.

Please, download the attached file and run it (double click). It will delete the required registry entries.

Forest includes a mechanism to add the texture paths automatically to Max, for the library items.
It scans all library paths, searching for a 'maps' folder, and adding them to the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Itoo Software\Forest Pack Pro\TexturePaths). Later, these entries are added to Customize->Configure Project Paths->External Files.
If libraries are removed, it may be necessary to clean this registry to delete old entries.

MU3245:
Thanks for your reply Carlos!

I ran that file you provided and it seems to have fixed the long standing annoying glitch I had created. It seemed require a system re-start before it started working. As far as I can tell with some quick test it now appears to be all good.

If I wanted to do some more re-organizing and re-naming of folders in my Forest Library in the future wold that file you provided still work? IOW should I save it for possible future use or would it be better to request it again if the need arises?

Thanks again, very helpful!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version