Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Backburner and DR rendering not transfering/showing FP scattered lights.  (Read 657 times)

Jesper_B

I'm testing out the scattering of lights.
Using vray lights as the object. I'm getting fine results on my own machine. But as soon as i try to submit it via backburner none of the lights are being transfered. This happens on the local machine that send the job and rendered fine before going through backburner.
The geometry is transfered and the original light if not hidden renders fine on the servers.

With distributed rendering some servers renders fine, while others don't.
All scenes can render the file correctly if opened and rendered on each machine locally.

Software.
Max 2021.2
Vray 5.1
FPP 7.05

Backburner 2019
Digital Designer
www.niras.com

Rokas

Hi.
We can't reproduce an issue with BackBurner.

Animation rendered fine with local BB:

Anyway we hope chaos group will add native light support on their end and scattering Lights will be more robust, with more features soon.
Rokas

illya

Hi there,
I have the same issue. I had this problem with the beta version and was hoping it is going to be fixed in the official release. 
When rendering through backburner , there are no forest lights from the x-ref file .
Below is the link to the image illustrating the issue:
https://icedrive.net/0/34wcjExK69

The second link is with the scene:
https://icedrive.net/0/b1XbSL8Edz

Rokas

We use some tricks to enable lights with vray. This one is for chaos group to solve. We got confirmation they are working on this.
Rokas

illya

Could you please send the link to follow this issue on vray forum.
Thanks

Rokas

This exact issue is not in the forums. There are two other, if You feel those are important,- let them know.
Rokas

Jesper_B

Thank you for replying Rokas.
Appricate it and good to know that Chaos Group is working on it.

Just to specify we saw that we are using a "older" version of vray aswell. We downloaded the version from march 1. but the latest release is from march 2.
We will wait for an update from Chaos Group.
thank you for looking into it!
Digital Designer
www.niras.com