Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: FallOff - Scale  (Read 444 times)

RealViz

FallOff - Scale
« on: January 02, 2023, 09:16:39 AM »
Hi, it seems that FallOff at Scale is behaving non-standardly. If FallOf is set to "0" at Scale for Include, it still changes the objects/trees. If I set FallOff to a small number the trees are slightly larger, but still shrink. For Exclude, everything works as it should. Density also works correctly.
Edit: The problem arises when I want to use FallOff only for Exclude. Even though I have set "0" for Include, the trees still shrink at the edges of Include. :-(
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 09:18:34 AM by RealViz »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: FallOff - Scale
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 09:49:49 AM »
Hi,

Might be, that you’re using an FP8 version prior to the Forest Pack 8.0.5? There was a problem affecting calculations of the Falloff feature, which was solved in the mentioned Forest Pack 8.0.5 - Fixed error computing distance from item to area (used in Falloff, Edge Mode and other features).

In the case, you’ll be facing this problem even with the latest version (Forest Pack 8.0.6), if possible, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)) to helpdesk@itoosoft.com to check it here. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

RealViz

Re: FallOff - Scale
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 10:13:24 AM »
That's strange. If I'm creating a new FP, no problem. I guess it's enough to create the FP again. Maybe the problem is just that the FP was created in an older version and something was left out. :-( If I find where the problem is, I'll post. (use FP 8.0.6) THX