Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: License server errors on startup  (Read 6746 times)

Nildo Essa

License server errors on startup
« on: September 01, 2008, 07:11:57 PM »
i just upgraded my 2.4 to 3.02, at the office all was working ok, license was fine even getting it from another workstation, i installed the license on my laptop, because i wanted to use FP3 at home as well, to my surprise when i boot my laptop... Says" licserver.exe has encounteted a problem and needs to close", " a connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond afyer a period of time..." , i click " start server" button in the license manager and get same answer:(:(...

I dont have an internet connection at home, does this cause a problem? If so how can i use the software at home?? Its very frustrating if i cant use FP3, without an internet connection.

Please advise!!

Nildo

Running xp 64bit 4gb ram, hp 8710w laptop, quadro 1700 card. 

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: License server errors on startup
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 08:38:33 PM »

No, you don't need internet connection, but the license server is not designed to work without a network configured. We have done some tests, and the server crashes under these conditions.

But, there is a workaround. You must install a "loopback" network device on Windows. Please, follow this guide:

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Install-Microsoft-Loopback-adapter-Windows-XP.html

Here is the same procedure from Microsoft site:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839013

After restarting Windows, the license server must run without problems.

Please note: when you connect the laptop to the office network, the license server (on the laptop) will shut down automatically, because cannot be two license servers running on the same network. However, it will search a license from your office server.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Nildo Essa

Re: License server errors on startup
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 09:24:33 PM »
it worked thx alot! I was getting worried, i just hope it connects with no prob back at the office.

Thx
Nildo