Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Beginner's quetions  (Read 710 times)

JRankin

Beginner's quetions
« on: April 26, 2021, 03:37:17 AM »
I'm an old hand on 3DSMAX but quite the Newbie on Forest Pack.
Reading thru and watching the Tutorials, I have been able to duplicate some of the process but usually with small areas.  Creating regions of grass is fine, but with trees I have a problem. A small file attached shows where I've been unable to get FP to render a larger terrain.
If you can offer corrections or pointers, I'd be grateful.
Thanks so much
John R.

Rokas

Re: Beginner's quetions
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 08:44:13 AM »
Hi JRankin

Thanks for contacting with iToo Software and hope you enjoy our plug-in.

Actually, 2D billboards are not supported by Corona Renderer.

As for proper use of 2D billboards the Forest Material should be used, but in case of Corona Renderer this is not supported, there is no material library for these. There are only few features, that are not full supported on this render engine (please feel free to check the Feature Compatibility table in our on-line reference documentation.

Anyway, if you decide to give it a try in Corona, please do the following:
Set ForestPack Display->Render to mesh:

Create a Plane object in Front viewport- the size as desired tree set pivot to its bottom.
Copy Your current unsupported material to slate editor.
Apply Standard material to Your newly created Plane object (Not Forest Material, but Standard.)

Then go to forest Pack and pick Your created plane as custom object.

Hope that helps and in case of any further question or doubt please don't hesitate to contact us. Have a great day.

Best regards,
Rokas

JRankin

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 08:15:35 PM »
Rokas,
         Thanks so much for your fast response and advice on Corona rendering.  I'm running a new 12core AMD system, which will I hope, let me render large mesh files.  Now must find how best to optomize projects in FP.
This is the most interesting MAX plugin that I have used in years!
I appreciate your help.
Stay safe and well.
John R.

JRankin

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 09:02:12 AM »
Rokas,
         FYI:  I dropped an email to Corona Support and they apparently were unaware of the rendering issue in FP.  They may get in touch.
Thank you.
John R.