Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Trees in many buckets of rendernodes were missing in DR mode of vray 2.4!  (Read 1840 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Dear iToosoft,
Why were the trees in many buckets of rendernodes missing in DR mode of vray 2.40 ?
 :'( But, they were all rendered well in sequence mode with Thinkbox Deadline 5.2. They were all rendered in the very same group of rendernodes. The iToosoftware was set to rendernode mode manually in every rendernode. So all of them didn’t require any license, right ?

The trees are all normal editable mesh in the same main scene. The paths of all texture map were correct in all rendernodes. Because they were all mapped as T drive .
Interestingly, all the grass in my scene was rendered well. Even they were XmeshLoaders.

One important thing ,there was 32GB ram in the main computer with network license of iToosoft. Some of the rendernodes had only 16GB ram, and the rest of the rendernodes had 32GB ram.

Why were the trees in many buckets of rendernodes missing in DR mode of vray 2.40 ?
Did you see some the the rocks were missing on the railway. They were railclone objects.
MAX2012 64bit | FP 4.4.1 | RC 2.70 | VR 2.40
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Dear user,

The iToosoftware was set to rendernode mode manually in every rendernode. So all of them didn’t require any license, right ?

That's correct. Render nodes don't require a license, so that cannot be the problem.

If software is installed correctly (as it seems because works fine with Thinkbox),  problem may be caused by missing assets. Please, try enabling Transfer missing assets, as suggested here.

To be sure that Forest items are properly generated, you also can enable debug log for the problematic object. This FAQ entry describes how to enable it.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

cc8boy

• C7design
Thanks for your reply.
I have some questions.
1.   My Forest pro packs and Railclones were brand newly installed in rendernodes. Did you mean that the new user paths of all the iToosoftwares would not add to every rendernodes automatically after installing all the iToosoftware ?
2.   My version of V-ray is 2.40. There was no “Transfer missing assets” feature here.
3.   Could you do me a favour ? Write a simple MAXscript for me here that it can set all the user paths of iToosoftware(forest pro and Railclone) automatically . I will use this MAXscript as prerender Script.

Best wishes
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Hi,

Since 4.0.2, Forest configures automatically on render nodes the paths listed in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Itoo Software\Forest Pack Pro\TexturePaths. As any other paths to assets, these are stored in the 3ds Max configuration Customize - Configure User Paths - External files stored in 3dsmax.ini. The ini file is located by default here:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax\<max version>\enu\3dsmax.ini

It's not necessary to configure these paths manually. When Forest is loaded, it's checking if these paths exist and if not, all of them could be added automatically. If you marked previusly the Do not show this message again check-box to disable that pop-up window, you can revert it to its default value (to pop-up) by setting the checkTexturePaths = 1 in the forestpack.ini configuration file located by default at:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\<maxversion>\ENU\en-US\plugcfg

Generally, we recommend to resolve all references used by Forest with the Asset Tracker to absolute UNC paths. It's not necessary, but usually this way you avoid any texture path issues while using distributed rendering.

Also, please see attached maxscript, which will also automatically add these paths (FP & RC) to the .ini file.

Best regards,
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 12:16:34 PM by Michal Karmazín »

cc8boy

• C7design
The paths of forest pro pack and Railclone pro is
“Dir16=c:\program files (x86)\itoo software\railclone pro\maps
Dir17=c:\program files (x86)\itoo software\forest pack pro\distmaps\images
Dir18=c:\program files (x86)\itoo software\forest pack pro\maps\hshadows
Dir19=c:\program files (x86)\itoo software\forest pack pro\maps\presets
Dir20=c:\program files (x86)\itoo software\forest pack pro\lib\free models\hqplants free\maps
Dir21=c:\program files (x86)\itoo software\forest pack pro\maps\standard
Dir22=c:\program files (x86)\itoo software\forest pack pro\maps\classic“

Are they all correct and no missing ?

I’ve added the these paths in asset tracker manual one by one in every rendernodes. BUT! The trees of the buckets of this rendernodes were still missing !
I felt very very confused !
I tried to add these paths to the MXP file located the root level of my project folder. It worked ! All the trees in the bucket of the rendernodes came back.

I wonder what relationship between the MXP file in root of the project folder and the user paths in asset tracker. Could you please explain it ?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Hi,

Yes, these are all default paths. Let me point out, that there is no special procedure to handle assets used by our plug-ins and these are treated in the same way as any other asset included in your scene(s) - by the Asset Tracking System (ATS).

Having User Paths configured properly, you should be able to share files between different "users", even if you are not using the same project folder without any problems. As mentioned previously, using Universal Naming Convention (UNC) is highly recommendable.

Best regards,