Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Long grass with extra paint area with short grass. ->transitition in length?  (Read 1109 times)

Soluna

Hey :) I´m trying to create a wild garden. I have one Forest Pack object in my scene for the overall grass and some additional ones with grass overlays (dandelion, buttercup, etc.). Because I have a natural stone staircase in my scene I want the grass to be very short where the stones of the stonecase are. I tried to create a new paint area and wanted to drastically decrase the length of the grass there but I can´t get it to work.. In addition I´d like to have a soft transition between the long grass and the short grass where the stone steps are. Is all that possible in one forest pack object or do I need 2 (one for the tall grass and one for the region where I have my staircase and where I want the grass to be short)?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 02:29:10 PM by Soluna »

Rokas

Yes it is possible to do with 1 FP object. You will need more splines to control where to exclude/include what with "Select models" option.

I would recommend watching this hands on demo. Which will provide everything You need to know to make complex distributions.
Hope this helps.

If You need further help, please attach max file and we will try to.

Rokas

Soluna

Alright! :) Thx a lot! I´ll try that out!