Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Color too dark with Vray  (Read 3898 times)

GE1867

Forest Color too dark with Vray
« on: March 27, 2013, 10:44:12 AM »
Hi,

since we bought forest pro, i never succeeded to make forest color works properly
even using the default material given in the library
i always remove the forest color otherwise it renders way too dark.

Is there something to do with the gamma of my scene ? I'm not using 2.2
but anyway
plan B, is there a way to remove it from the presets ? Do i have to edit the existing models in the library ?

thanks in advance

edit: using max2013 & vray 2.4
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:49:16 AM by GE1867 »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Forest Color too dark with Vray
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 01:01:30 PM »

Forest Color should not modify the lightness of the materials, even with gamma disabled. Please, would you upload a test scene to see what is the problem exactly ?

If you want to modify the presets, just make a copy of the library and modify the materials of the Max scenes. You can find the procedure for creating custom libraries in the documentation.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

GE1867

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 01:51:30 PM »
Please find attached the max file with 2 renders.
One with forest color default material on, renders super dark, 8minutes render time
the other, with a stone jpg as diffuse, no forest color, renders fine, 28sec render time

scene max 2013, vray 2.4; settings irradiance & light cache, environnement ON, no sun

I read on another thraid, someone having black objets, but because he didn't set the path. I remember doing it, plus it finds everything in asset tracking anyway.

- I join another example, with flowers, so you can see it's not totally black object, but just a lot darker.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 05:13:40 PM »

Are you using Forest 4.0.3 or a previous version ?  There was a bug in Forest Color that would generate wrong results as this.

Everything renders fine here, using v.4.0.3. There are not differences between using FC or not.

Please, try upgrading to the latest release, and tell me if that solves the problem.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

GE1867

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 10:31:03 AM »
Dear Carlos,

I just put the last version (403)
and it seems to work fine now

Thanks a lot!
Next time I will patch first before complaining :]