Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: ForestColor, use more than 10 bitmaps  (Read 1173 times)

OU9561

ForestColor, use more than 10 bitmaps
« on: September 20, 2016, 06:22:05 PM »
Hi everyone, is there any way to use more than 10 bitmaps in the ForestColor Map?
Or maybe some clever way of using multimaterials... I need to use between 30 and 50 maps.

Thank you!

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: ForestColor, use more than 10 bitmaps
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 12:12:25 PM »
Hi,

Unfortunately Forest Colour is limited to 10 bitmap textures at the moment. Probably the easiest workaround is to duplicate the object in the items list and apply a different material to each, so for 30 maps you'd need 3 objects and 3 materials. 40 maps you'd need 4 and so on. Because the same source geometry is being used this should not negatively affect your memory management too much.

Alternatively you could nest together Forest Colour maps, if you do this just be aware that the nested maps will need a different Get ID From setting from the top level map. For example you could set the nested maps to get ID from Element and the top level map to get ID from Item.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

OU9561

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 02:56:45 PM »
Hi Paul, thanks for the answer!
Before I decide on which method to use, I have another question.
The object I'm instancing is a picture frame with a multisuboject material with 2 materials, 1 for the frame (just a white Vraymat) and another for the picture (this is where I'm using the ForestColor map). The problem I'm having is that when the Forestpack is rendered, the whole object get assigned the forestcolor material, so not only the picture gets a random image, but also the frame! What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 02:58:32 PM by OU9561 »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 03:42:10 PM »
Hi,

Such set-up should work without any troubles. I would suggest you to double check IDs of distributed object / assigned material. Attaching a sample scene. If the problem persist, please feel free to send us your scene to check it here. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,