Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Max Density and Tinting  (Read 638 times)

FT2008

Max Density and Tinting
« on: May 02, 2020, 04:16:05 PM »
Two issues. Putting grass on the roadside (see attached).  Got density maxed out errors with grass geometry, so I used Grass from Library and I have Template One Plane selected.  Should work for POV. Figured it would easily not bust limits.  I get errors if I have anything but very spotty grass.  I pushed Distribution Max density to 999 Mil. Doesn't matter.  Still get the error.  Error says to play around with Display parameters.  Isn't that for viewports, not rendering?  Rendering is fast.  I'm sure I can render a dense field if I could overcome the limits.  How can I make that happen?

Also, I optimized the material then created a light brown to light yellow tint range.  Set %'s to 50-100.  Grass is still green as ever.  What gives?
When I optimize, the status bar at the bottom is full blue, but dialog sits there so I 'X' it.  Not sure if I'm killing the dialog before optimize really finished or it normally just sits there and I have to manually close it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rokas

Re: Max Density and Tinting
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 08:17:05 AM »
Hi. It's always better to to attach Your max file for reference. We can understand the issue and reply much faster than having Your description alone.
We could see Your renderer/Max Version as well as all the parameters You use and could give exact steps how to fix it.

Display parameters are for rendering as well.

I would highly recommend You watching this tutorial. It explains distribution settings in very high detail.

There is "Max Items" limit for both viewport and Rendering. You can set it to 0 to make it limitless.
If You are using vray + billboards then optimising materials has no effect(It is very fast step You do not kill it too soon.).
Please manually add forest Color map:

Hope this helps.
Rokas