Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Maxtree's color problem  (Read 1539 times)

NHimages

Maxtree's color problem
« on: October 01, 2020, 05:25:43 PM »
Hi there,

It's been a while since we have trouble with the tint and the color of some MaxTree plants and trees who came out darker as on their examples...
Don't know if it's a gamme issue, or maybe an issue while conversion with Corona Converter in MAX, but as someone faced the same probleme here ?

If you have a easy and quick solution to fix that, it would be really great !

Here is an exemple of a simple scene with a MaxTree V5 tree, lighted with an HDRI (No Forest here, it's the base model wich would be distributed...)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hervé

Rokas

Re: Maxtree's color problem
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 08:25:08 AM »
Hi
First, it is the same for me with their vol5 sample tree. Second, You don't need to use converter, as Maxtree models come with Corona materials.
Third- You can manually adjust bitmaps output/gamma values to adjust the colors.

And last but not least- feel free to contact maxtree directly to ask them about this issue. If You do get their response, it would be nice if You shared it here.

Thanks
Rokas

NHimages

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 09:53:41 AM »
Thansk Rokas for your reply.

I just wrote to maxtree to ask them about this problem.

I tried the gamma option into the bitmap, but it will be long to change all the bitmaps' gamma for all the tree of the Vol. 5 no ?
Maybe you know about a solution to shut all the bitmaps to 2.2 in a one-click solution ?

GE4105

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 07:46:08 PM »
Hi OP,
Did you ever find a fix for this issue?  The same thing is happening to me where the textures appear darker than their sample.

GE4105

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023, 02:10:07 AM »
Any follow up on this one?  I too am struggling to figure out why MaxTree's textures appear darker.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2023, 02:25:32 PM »
Hi,

Adjusting the RGB Level (with help of the Material Optimizer tool) might be a quick way how to fix it, but now - in the latest Forest Pack versions, you should be able to “fix” this kind of issues by the Color Correction tool - as mentioned here: "New color correction tools allow the user to adjust Hue Shift, Saturation and Brightness for all "Forest Color" textures used by the object. * The effects can be disabled for specific textures by turning off 'Apply Color Correction' in a Forest Color map." I hope that helps.

Best regards,