Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: FMat.cpp error  (Read 8420 times)

Peter Cook

FMat.cpp error
« on: December 04, 2008, 02:49:10 AM »
When rendering using MentalRay on the farm, the nodes error with an issue with FMat.cpp and gives a number #220 or something like that.

Any ideas what causes this?

I have FPP installed on my main machine but the required files are found in the search path on the network.  It's obviously related to MentalRay as it's fine with the Scanline renderer.  Have I missed something obvious?  I know that's quite possible  :D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 04:30:08 AM by DQ4554 »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: FMat.cpp error
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 06:17:23 PM »

Probably the Mental Ray shader and is not the same version that the plugin. As instance, the shader of Forest 3.0 doesn't work with the plugin Forest 3.01, giving this error.

The plugin file is:

<maxdir>\plugins\ForestPackPro.dlo

and the shader files are:

<maxdir>\mentalray\shaders_autoload\include\FShader3.mi
<maxdir>\mentalray\shaders_autoload\shaders\FShader3.dll

In the latest releases (3.03 if i remember well), we included a check to show a message if the versions don't match. To fix the error, reinstall the software or copy the right files from other node.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Peter Cook

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 12:04:47 AM »
Okay, I'll try installing it on another node and see how that goes.  I had tried that 3.04 beta so don't know if that means anything?  There's a chance that I stuffed up when copying the files and installing the beta however I would get the error before I installed the beta.  Rendering on my main workstation is fine though

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 04:47:04 PM »

I suggest you install 3.04b in all nodes. Although we name it as beta, it is as stable as 3.0 and includes many improvements and bugs fixed.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

LR1243

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 09:55:26 PM »
I'm having the same problem.

Just updated to the new stuff too but I was loading all the files onto a new computer and I keep getting this error....

Task error: ..\fmat\FMat.cpp #40
..\fmat\FMat.cpp #40

I went through and checked and checked I'm not seeing where I missed a file or dont have the newest. All the other computers are working just fine. It's just the one that isn't. Ideas?

LR1243

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 10:34:12 PM »
Well the error is now gone. Just started working. Didn't touch anything. Now It wont render the textures off but it does on all the other computers..... dunno now....

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 11:29:32 PM »

What Max and Forest version are you using ?

Try uninstalling Forest and reinstalling it using the setup program. If it doesn't work, copy from other computer the plugin and shader files (see my previous post).

Can you render a new test scene using Forest ? Is the problem only with existing scene files ?

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software