Forest Pack > Forest Pro (*)

Missing dll

(1/2) > >>

Garry:
Hi

I'm using Max 2021, Vray Next and Forest Pack Pro, all latest versions.

Whenever I try to use a model from the Library I get a 'Missing Dlls' warning for mrmaterialattribs.gup and all my Forest pack items appear grey.

I've never had this problem previously

iToo:
Hi, "mrmaterialattribs.gup" is a compatibility plugin to handle Mental Ray attributes.
Scenes created with previous versions of 3DS Max include these attributes automatically (even if you didn't use Mental Ray), and requires the plugin to be open.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/3ds-Max-Mental-Ray-Missing-Dlls-warning-appears-when-opening-the-program-or-scene-files.html?_ga=2.106427459.1312378948.1589534224-1253900361.1528707226

As fas as i can see, "mrmaterialattribs.gup" is not included anymore in Max 2021, causing this error.
Forest libraries were saved with Max 2012, so it can be used for any Max version supported by the plugin.

Please, hold on. We must investigate more deeply this issue. I apologize for the inconveniences.

Garry:
Hi,

Thank you for the detailed explanation, since I posted I've had it happen with some other files that I've tried to open in Max 2021. I've never used MR so I don't know where in the scene it's embedded itself, but I suspect the materials as I opened a file that caused the problem the was an extra note on the bottom of the material saying that there was a missing dll.

So it's a problem caused by Autodesk not Itoo. If I find a proper solution I'll post it here.

Rokas:
Hi Garry

We have checked this issue, and it seems like there is a quick setting which makes life a bit easier.

Make sure to check option "Open Scene Converter...."
Let us know if that helped for You and thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share with us / our user community (in case some user(s) will run into similar troubles).

junglejuz:
This work-around is less than ideal. I had turned off this option so I wouldn't be pestered by the Scene Converter dialogue every time I open a scene.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version