Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Trees and Plants Rendering CYAN/Bluish Gray  (Read 880 times)

IP1511

Trees and Plants Rendering CYAN/Bluish Gray
« on: December 10, 2019, 09:50:23 PM »
This is an issue that I used to run into with mental ray in Forest Pack Pro and I run into it with fewer plants and trees in finalRender. I just thought that others may have run into this problem and know what the culprit is. Basically a scene will get to a point where some forest elements will start rendering a cyan color. I have had to decrease density of grass for example to get it to render the grass elements correctly. It would seem to be a memory issue of some sort but I wanted to ask. I have searched Google and can't believe that nobody else has had an issue with plants/trees rendering out a bluish gray/cyan color before in mental ray at least as it has happened to me on different computers rendering standalone, but with textures and resources mapped to a drive named 'Z' (do this for all the computers) on a server/NAS.

Thanks in advance for your time, I know finalRender isn't supported but it was something I saw in mental ray and thought I might be able to track down the issue, just looking for a general direction if possible.

Regards,

Russell

Rokas

Re: Trees and Plants Rendering CYAN/Bluish Gray
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 11:51:44 AM »
Seeing these images reminded me of some support case- I went looking to the archive and found... The same images from You.
I am sorry we could not help You. Maybe some MentalRay users here will see and help You.

Thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue You all can share with us / our user community (in case some user(s) will run into similar troubles).
Rokas

IP1511

Re: Trees and Plants Rendering CYAN/Bluish Gray
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 09:21:45 PM »
Yes, I run into it, as you can see here the bushes in front of the building, I just started setting up the scene and ran into it again. I would think someone else would have had this issue as well, starting to wonder if it is due to having assets on my server and not at the work station, something specific to my set up.  Thanks for the response.