Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: forest objects disappear  (Read 7534 times)

roysgi10

forest objects disappear
« on: February 03, 2018, 10:52:26 AM »

After upgrading to Max 2018 and the new FP, I started to run into problems. Some of the FP in the scene disappear even though at first they were. It seems to me they disappeared after IPR rendering. The FP objects  were imported from my personal libraries (all of them) and what is strange is that only part of them disappeared ( forest01-forest05 ok)  . Still see their icon in the viewport. Attaching jpg.
 I would appreciate your help

Roy

roysgi10

Re: forest objects disappear
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 03:35:16 PM »

The video that is attached clearly describes what I mean. Shows how the Forest object disappears from the viewport when I click the enable items subobject level, but there are situations where it disappears even when I'm not in tree mod

https://youtu.be/mGGi914OF5s

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 09:39:53 AM »
Do them dissapear permanently, or only during the active Max session ? What does happen if you reset Max and reload the scene ?

There is a known issue wit IPR, which doesn't show the items on viewport while render is active. But everything should be right again once render is stopped.

If the problem is permanent, please send us a simplificated scene to check it.

Thanks,
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

TL1895

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 03:50:20 PM »
Also recently upgraded to2018 and noticed this behavior.
At least for me, the problem was solved by going to the camera rollout and clearing any camera that is showing there.
Then, my forests instantly appeared again.  Unfortunately, it seems to recur eventually, but at least the temporary fix is relatively quick.
Hope that helps.