Forest Pack > Forest Pro (*)

mr Proxies > Missing UVW Map Coordinates???

(1/3) > >>

Dionisio:
Hi all, we get a strange error here in studio when we use Forest and mr Proxies.

This is the error we get when we try to render: (UVW1): fmr_000000000DB961D0_0

The software display's this error as Missing Map Coordinates which is relative to the mr Proxies when a material which use a bitmap is applied!!!

Is this a bug or we do something wrong?

Here is the scene we try to render with our renderfarm but is impossible due to this error: LINK: http://www.deltatracing.com/3D_Images/Arch_PD.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Dionisio -

Delta Tracing

iToo:
Hi,

The fmr_xxxx objects are created internally by Forest to render in Mental Ray. They are instances of the Geometry List objects (your mr Proxies) with the materials defined on this list.

Probably, one of these materials uses an UVW map channel that doesn't exist in the mr Proxy. The reason that you get this error in the fmr object, but not in the mr Proxy, is because Forest hides automatically the custom objects assigned in the Geometry List before rendering (to save memory and render time).

To locate the failing proxy, disable in Forest the option "Display->Hide Custom Objects before rendering", hide all Forest objects and render. You must the same UVW error, but in the proxy object.

Updated: I just tested this issue in a test scene, and the result is slightly different: the UVW error occurs in the Forest object even if it is hidden, and the mr Proxy doesn't show any error although it has not the right map coordinates. So the problem is the same, but you must find the failing proxy checking the UVW maps manually.

Dionisio:
Yes, I confirm. The error appears even when the Forest object is hidden but is related to it.

If I delete the Forest object the mr Proxy renders fine, no errors.

I am afraid is a bug...

Dionisio -

Dionisio:
I made other tests, the problem seems to be Forest in combination with mr proxies which even if they have UVW map coordinates Forest doesn't see them.. :(

Thanks,

Dionisio -

iToo:

Please, send us one of these proxies and the material that you are applying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version