Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Multiple Installs  (Read 2014 times)

SnipeyX

Multiple Installs
« on: July 23, 2018, 10:29:24 PM »
I'm upgrading our productions to Max 2019 w/ Forest Pack 6. Up till now we've been on 2017 with Forest Pack 5.4. I would prefer to keep versions separate, keep everything related to 2017 as-is, and upgrade to FP6 only for 2019. Running the FP installer manually, you are presented with a somewhat vague dialog box that says "a previous installation has been detected, do you want to upgrade?"

If I select No, the installer exits. So apparently the only way to proceed is to click yes on that dialog, I just don't know what the repercussions of that 'updated installation' are. I've tried unchecking the 2017 plugins when running the FP6 install, in hopes that would keep the 2017 5.4 installation as-is, but then I experience Macroscript issues related to the quad menu items when I right click in 2017.

In an attempt to fix that, I reinstalled 5.4, which doesn't have entries for 2019 anyway, and now the right click menu in 2019 is happening instead. What's the proper way to keep both? I'm used to ChaosGroup's installs that tend to be self-contained between versions.

Rokas

Re: Multiple Installs
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 08:20:40 AM »
Hi,

You can use this workaround to have multiple versions.

Regarding right mouse click, please follow a guide posted here

Hope that helps.
Rokas