Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Crash with animation modes and Corona IR  (Read 530 times)

TD1008

Crash with animation modes and Corona IR
« on: March 06, 2023, 01:28:39 AM »
Hi, I'm getting a similar issue when using random samples in the animation rollout on an animated stadium crowd.  It seems this bug has not yet been addressed?

When using interactive renderer with Corona, and the latest version of Forest Pack Pro (8.0.9).  If I save the scene while rendering or press the stop rendering button 3ds max will crash producing an error dialogue box saying "Error writing to file" with an OK button.  When you push the ok button, 3ds max will instantly close and will not autobackup or finish saving the scene.  An extremely frustrating bug.

I do not get this error when selecting "Disabled" in the animation rollout.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Crash with animation modes and Corona IR
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 01:09:59 PM »
Hi,

With your help, we've been able to reproduce this unwanted behavior here too and we'll check what can be done - it'll need to be investigated more in deep by our main developers. Thanks for your collaboration, your feedback is very important to us.

Best regards,

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Crash with animation modes and Corona IR
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 10:36:17 AM »
Hi,

We have improved the stability of Animation modes and Corona IR for the next Forest update.

Anyway we suggest to not save the scene while IR is running.
Although Corona allows it, 3DS Max was not designed to work in this way, and it may lead to other instabilities and crashes.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software