Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Netowrk Rendering hanging  (Read 3989 times)

IU3844

Netowrk Rendering hanging
« on: July 02, 2011, 07:40:45 PM »
I sent a file to network render. The computer I sent from works fine. I have installed the Forest rendering node on 3 other computers. When I start the BB server on the other computers all of them hang at pre-processing include the one computer that was rendering prior to starting the other computers. I am using Max 2012 Design with Mental Ray.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Netowrk Rendering hanging
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 08:26:22 PM »

What version of Forest: 3.4.x or 3.5.x beta ? Are you rendering objects, proxies or billboards ?

Does it work rendering a basic test scene ?

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

IU3844

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 02:33:57 PM »
I am using the 3.5.x beta version. The trees are proxies (3d models from your website).

I will try a test rendering in a few hours (I am not a work right now) and let you know how it works.

IU3844

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 03:59:02 PM »
I setup a small test file using the same trees as in my project file. The test file worked using network rendering.

Any suggestions why my project file wont work with network rendering?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 04:33:15 PM »

Usually these type of problems are not easy to solve, because Max doesn't any error. I would try several rendering tests, using only the main workstation and including different groups of objects (only trees, trees and terrain and so). Once you have the minimal scene where the problem is reproducible, sould be much more easy to solve it.

If you send us the scene, we can take a look to it. If the file is too large, please tell me and i will provide you a ftp account to upload it.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software