Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Is it possible to export a forest object and associated custom meshes?  (Read 2309 times)

jlvisuals

I was just wondering if there is any way with the newer version of Forest Pro to export a forest object and have the plug-in automatically collect custom meshes and proxies associated with that object. I tried the Forest Tools, and it looks like I can collapse a Forest object into meshes for use in other programs that don't have the plug-in, and there is also a cryptic .xml exporter that generates a file that I don't know what it is intended for. There is also the Forest Lister tool, and although it displays the number of geometry items with each forest object, I have not found a way to select all those items using the lister so that I can easily export them. Am I missing something here, or this functionality not yet there? If it is doable, can someone please explain how?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Rokas

Re: Is it possible to export a forest object and associated custom meshes?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 09:56:08 AM »
Hi,

What is what You want to do exactly? What You have found already(Forest Tools) should be able to do what You need.

After using forest tools. All geometry is still instanced and You can select all objects for further processing:

.XML export tool is developed mainly to be used in advanced pipelines and to aid interoperability between software.

ForestPack is also compatible with Unreal Datasmith exporter.

Hope that helps.
Rokas