Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: New Stones Library  (Read 782 times)

FC1888

New Stones Library
« on: September 14, 2018, 12:40:53 AM »
Nice to see some new presets, especially when I noted that they were scanned, so I decided to update the library and take a look for myself.

Wondering how good these would be for close ups, I discovered some texture stretching. Now normally you would expect scanned 3D objects to have almost perfect UV's, since the fact they are scanned, usually means the system used to scan them, also creates said UV's. Bit like a globe of the earth and the printed map that covers it.

I am wondering if this texture stretching, is due to the transforms used by Forest Pack Pro, to add variation???

Here are some screen shots, to show what I mean.

Oh and what happened to the original leaves library, the one used in this tutorial
https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/forestcolor?back=page%3D5%26tag%3Dfp

To be honest, I am very unlikely to do renders that require such close up views of rocks/stones, so to be honest I'm not that worried But I am not everyone. So I'm only really posting this, out of curiosity

Looking forward to more libraries in the future and not just free ones
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 12:45:42 AM by FC1888 »

Rokas

Re: New Stones Library
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 08:04:03 AM »
FC1888, I believe this is from presets Library, right? In presets mesh polycount and texture resolution are downgraded to improve performance.
Presets are meant to fill large areas. Without consuming much resources.

For closeups feel free to use Manually Picked rocks from 3D/Stones library. They are highpoly models with 4K textures:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:53:51 AM by Rokas »
Rokas

FC1888

Re: New Stones Library
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 08:00:34 PM »
Yeah, apologies for my recent rushed post, should have checked the individual items as well as the presets. Cheers for replying though